I love, love shooting boudoir outdoors! There is something so magical and free about being able to capture a confident woman among the trees, fields of grass as the sun is setting behind her. Are you ready to take your session to the next level?
I want to say my dream even as a child was to be a mom but my dream came crashing down. At a young age, I was diagnosed with a rare disease called Premature Ovarian Failure, POF. POF pushed my body into menopause so while women my age were worried about boys, and what they were doing on Friday nights- I was trying to plan for a family I may never have. Being told several times by multiple doctors that you are infertile definitely cause me to go into depression and feel like less of women. To feel the pressure of society’s stereotype that women are made to reproduce and knowing that my body couldn’t really break me. It took me years to be able to look at anything relating to babies or pregnancies. Today I still battle with my depression but I am able to take my story and use it to help others. Women like me who can’t have kids shouldn’t have to feel like they not beautiful. We all have flaws mine just happens to be that I can’t conceive.
1. How old are you? 23
2. What do you do for a living? I work at a local hospital.
3. What made you decide to take a leap of faith and do a boudoir session? I decide to do a boudoir session to not only try something new but to prove to myself that I can be feminine. I have several health issues and they can cause me to feel like less of a woman.
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? My main fear was not knowing what to expect. I have several insecurities with my body and I didn’t them to be the focus in the session.
5. Was the session different from what you expected it to be? With not knowing what to expect I was shocked in how comfortable the whole session made me feel. Even with being very exposed in front of a stranger I never felt naked or indecent.
6. What was your favorite part about the entire experience? My favorite part of the session wasn’t getting all dolled up but instead was seeing the first glimpse of my photos. Being able to be in the moment and see how different poses related on camera really helped to ease my nerves.
7. How did you feel when you saw your photographs? When I first saw my photos I was in shock. I didn’t believe it was me. My fear that my flaws would be the main focus in the pictures was gone. I think I even said out loud “my butt looks so big!”.
8. Any advice for women interested in their own boudoir session? My main advice would me to let go and have fun. In my session, I was able to discuss and choose everything from my hair and makeup to what I was comfortable in exposing. The environment that was created during the session made me feel relaxed. Even at times stopping to sing along to the music and laugh.
9. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of the session?Yes. I have a lot of insecurities about my body, as many people do, but after seeing the final photos it gives me little more confidence. I am able to see my body from another perspective which allows me to see what others see when they look at me.
10. Would you recommend Black Lace Boudoir?
This gorgeous gal decided to treat herself to a boudoir session to celebrate turning 50 years young! I was so excited when she contacted me because there is nothing more amazing than being able to embrace who you are RIGHT NOW. Ms. P is actually the mother of one of my previous clients and when her daughter told me she wasn’t sure if she could do it. I immediately reassured her that she indeed could rock her very own boudoir session.
1. How old are you? 50
2. What do you do for a living? I am in the real estate industry, also a mother of three and grandmother of 3 with another on the way.
3. What made you decide to take a leap of faith and do a boudoir session? You had placed a modeling call on Facebook, and I saw how beautiful the pictures were from my daughter ‘s boudoir session, and just turning 50, I thought to myself why not 🙂
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? My biggest obstacle/fear was being comfortable with my body. I have always been my hardest critic ….I would have never purchased the lingerie I wore during the photo shoot. After spending hours in Victoria’s Secret and not buying anything, I asked my daughter to help. I was having anxiety about the photo shoot and was about to cancel, but my daughter and daughter-in-law shared with me my daughter’s experience of how amazing and empowering it was.
5. Was the session different from what you expected it to be? I really did not know what to expect, but the experience was absolutely amazing!! You made me feel so comfortable and beautiful!
6. What was your favorite part about the entire experience? I cannot say there was “one” favorite part. The whole experience was wonderful. I loved my make-up…Wish I knew how to do it myself. The posing was fun….especially the floor arched pose. My back was sore the next day…lol!!
7. How did you feel when you saw your photographs? WOW!!!! I wish I didn’t waste almost half of my life worried about imperfections with myself because I am B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!
8. Any advice for women interested in their own boudoir session? Every woman should treat themselves to a boudoir session. You will love it! You do not have to have a man/woman in your life. Do it for yourself!! I promise you will not regret it.
9. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of the session? Of course! As women, we are always comparing ourselves to what others feel “beauty” should look like, so we focus on our flaws. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and we are all beautiful!
10. Would you recommend Black Lace Boudoir? Definitely…I have actually recommended you to some of my colleagues/friends. You are very passionate and beautiful and that shows through your photography.
Ms. H is a mother of three children and is 42 years young! She won one of our fun giveaways on Facebook last year. I was so pleased to be able to work with such an amazing women and be able to share with her how beautiful she is. She really wanted to do something fun for herself but loved the idea of being able to purchase an album and give that as a gift for her husband.
My favorite thing about working with Ms. H was that she was super laid back through the entire session. A mother of three she was beaming with such grace and confidence. This lovely lady is 42 and she totally rocked her session! She was willing to try anything we mention during her session whether it was a pose or the fun mask we ended up using. That mask made the perfect sexy prop! I really love working with women who are confident and love their bodies even if they do have imperfects they are not 100% happy with. The best part about those imperfects is the fact they make you different than anyone else. I think working with women who have confidence in themselves helps me better the way I approach my business to learn ways to help other women embrace their own bodies. This session was a lot of fun and full of laughter, long conversation in between taking pictures. She even got her sister to book her session with her the same day! It’s even better to have your sister or a best friend come along! Check out what she had to say about her session.
1. How old are you? 42
2. What do you do for a living? I’m a mom and a substitute teacher.
3. What made you decide to take a leap of faith and do a boudoir session? I was ready to say that I am not just a Mom, and I wanted to give my husband a unique Christmas gift.
4. Did you have any obstacles or fears about boudoir? My lack of originality in wardrobe.
5. Was the session different from what you expected it to be? Yes, but it was great! More private than expected, but that was nice.
6. What was your favorite part about the entire experience? How relaxing and fun it all was.
7. How did you feel when you saw your photographs? Amazed! I mean, that’s me. No way, but it is.
8. Any advice for women interested in their own boudoir session? Take the chance. You’ll be glad that you gave it a go.
9. Did anything change about the way you see your own beauty as a result of the session? I can be sexy as a mother of three at 42 years old. That’s a wonderful thing.
10. Would you recommend Black Lace Boudoir? Yes. The experience is one you will remember fondly, and the results will give you a positive attitude about yourself. Priceless.